Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Week 46: The Power of the Priesthood

June 27, 2016
I don't remember all that happened this week and only have like 8 minutes to write, but I do have a few things I want to talk about! :)

#1.) On July 5th (right in time for my birthday - woot woot!!!) We will be getting a MINI MISSIONARY!!!! AHH!! I AM SO EXCITED!! So, basically there's some laurel/priest (16-18yr-old) youth in the region that want to serve missions, and so they get to be a mini missionary for like 6 days or something like that. :)... and we have been asked to be one of the companionships to have a mini missionary! So.. on the 5th we will pick her up, and she will be a missionary - living the mission life, living with us, teaching and studying with us, until July 10th.. How cool is that!?!?!? Basically I'm super excited.. so yeah. That will be fun! Also.. P-day next week is on the 5th too, because of Independence Day on the 4th, so that will be one busy day.. not sure when I'll have time to email, but it will eventually happen. :) 

ALSO, with that said, if I wait until next week to say this, it will be too late, so HAPPY 4th of July!! :) Independence is such a thing to celebrate, but it will be interesting to see what it's like as a missionary. 

The best thing that happened this week was actually just yesterday. Starting in our 2nd ward that we attend, I began to feel really ill - hot and cold spurts, aching pains, etc. At lunch, I took a nap, but that didn't really help much, and then during studies, I just kept getting worse. I prayed, and then we went out to work. After our dinner appointment, I was really feeling lousy, so we prayed as a companionship and Sister Flores suggested that I get a blessing. So, we called the Elders and they brought a member with them, and I was able to receive a blessing of healing... It was so interesting.. in the blessings I've had with healing in the past, the counsel from Heavenly Father has always been something like, "As you rest, you will be healed and be able to continue on.." or something similar. This time, however, the counsel was, "As you continue to work hard this evening, you will be blessed to be healed and find success." So... we went out and worked some more. My sickness didn't go completely away, but He never promised that it would.. We were, however, able to find great success and a miracle as we went and visited a Part-Member Family. The husband has met with 9 sets of missionaries in the past, but upon asking him, he told us that none of them have ever challenged him to be baptized. Well, we talked to him a little about the Priesthood authority in relation to the restoration, and expressed to him where we see this going - ultimately to baptism, and then to the Temple and to eternal life. We were both impressed to be bold with him, which was super out of character, but it was amazing. He accepted a return appointment, and the Spirit was strong. What would have happened if I would have just gone in to rest? I'm so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and how Heavenly Father so amazingly provides for His children. Always, without fail.

My testimony this week in the power of prayer has grown a lot. There proved to be some trying times this week - just like every week as a missionary- but it has been so cool to see the direct correlation between time spent as a missionary and personal growth. Before really spending time in the Gospel, I didn't really understand prayer or my relationship with God.. now, I know that He hears my prayers, and I know how to pray in a way that He can answer.. that only comes from Christ - whose Gospel it is. What an amazing gift it is in mortality to grow and learn.

Well, that's about it... I love you all so much and hope you have an incredible week!

-Not sure where this giant potato came from or what the story behind it is, but.. cool enough to take a picture? I think yes. :)
-Last picture with Sister Kitchen! Love and miss that Sister! I'll send pictures of Sister Flores and I next week! :) 
-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment