Saturday, August 6, 2016

Week 47: Red, White and Blue

July 5, 2016
Hello wonderfuls!!!! This week was, well, wonderful! ... except for the fact that the sickness I was experiencing last week somehow (without my permission) turned into a super nasty cold... hopefully that goes away by tomorrow so I don't have to be sick on my Birthday! Oh well if it doesn't... there's worse things that could happen. :) 

Anyway, this week really was great. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but all 4 of our progressing investigators have moved within the last few weeks, so... we're basically starting at level 1 again... this week has been, as a result of that, a TON of trying to find people to teach. One day in particular, we spent TWO HOURS straight just trying to contact potential investigators, and not. a. soul. was interested. It was pretty discouraging, but I didn't let it lower my expectations. I have faith that the Lord is preparing the hearts of these people here in Post Falls to hear about the Gospel. What an amazing blessing that faith is. At times when nothing else is going right, that's what I hold to. Plus, if all of those people weren't interested, that just means that there's a higher probability that the next people will be.. that's how statistics work, right? ;)

4th of July here was wonderful! We got to go to a Ward Breakfast in the morning, and... wait for it.. BROTHER LOWREY AND HIS WHOLE FAMILY showed up!! (That's the super cool Part-Member Family that I wrote about last week!!) Isn't that awesome!? .. and just the day before they had all had this nasty stomach bug, so that was really awesome that they showed up in spite of not feeling well. :) We have an appointment with them this Thursday. Then, something else that was wonderful that happened was that we got to go do some service as a District for a sister in our ward that hasn't been to church for probably my entire life. We helped her for a few hours, went to our Relief Society President's house for a BBQ, and then came home and planned... my one wish for the 4th of July was to be able to see some fireworks from our Apartment. Well, right during planning, I look out the window to see a beautiful array of red, white and blue in the night's sky. It was such a tender mercy to me that Heavenly Father is paying attention to our lives and wants to bless us with even the smallest things to show us His love! :) 

Also, lately I have been thinking a lot about prayer, but specifically, praying for other people. This morning in Personal Study, I was reading this article called, "When Others Prayed for Me," and it just touched me so much. I want to share it with you. :) So, a man was in the hospital and so ill that he couldn't even muster the strength to say a prayer. When he finally got well enough that he could pray, he relays the following: "I regretted that I had not been able to pray sooner. Then I realized that during the time I could not pray myself, others had been praying for me. Praying for me - the idea took on a whole new meaning. I realized that these wonderful people were doing something that, at the time, I could not do for myself. They knelt before the Lord and spoke for me; they used their strength when mine had failed. I felt a great sense of gratitude." I just loved that so much. The power of prayer is amazing!

Well, I love you all so much and hope that you have a wonderful week! :) I am so grateful to our Heavenly Father for letting everything in the history of our Country to work out so that the Restoration of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ could occur and so we can have the freedom to worship "how, where or what they may." It's because of those who helped gain our Country's freedom that I get to be a missionary and share Heavenly Father and Christ's love to all who are prepared - for which I will be eternally grateful.
-Sister Flores and I wanted to take artsy pictures, hahahaha.

-District Service yesterday... These missionaries are the BEST.

-My one wish - granted! :)

-First exchange of the Transfer - love this Sister! :) 

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment