Saturday, August 6, 2016

Week 48: The Fruits

July 11, 2016
Well, I literally have 8 minutes left to write, sooooo.......... .this should be really interesting! First of all, thank you so much for all of the Birthday wishes - my day was super special!! I spent the majority of it in a training meeting, but then my companion had coordinated a surprise dinner with one of my favorite members, so that was super happy! It was definitely an unforgettable day! Also, lots of people sang "Happy Birthday" to me, so that was super cute! :) It's weird to think that I'm not a teenager anymore, haha.

Well, some good news!! We are finally starting to see the fruits of all of the hard work that we have been putting in to the area! What a blessing! This week in particular, we were able to find some really cool new investigators, and our wards are starting to work more with helping our investigators right when we get them , so that's super amazing! I'm so exciting for all of the growth that is happening, and only hope and pray that as we continue to work, it will continue to grow.!

One super cool thing that happened was that, my testimony in the Lord directing His work was strengthened a lot this week. On Wednesday night, we were out proselyting and everyone that we visited just weren't interested at all.. I was sitting in the car, we had gone through all of our plans to no avail, and I was just wondering where Heavenly Father needed us to go. Then a really neat experience happened. I had the name "Brownlee" come to my head more distinctly and clearly than any other prompting I've received in a long time... well, because I have been in this area for almost 4.5 months (haha), I recognized the name as someone on our ward list, though I had never met them or even tried to visit them before.. Well, I looked up the name, and it "just so happened" that they lived really close to where we were at.. so, we drove over there, knocked on the door, and no one answered. Well, we knocked a few more times, but Sister Brownlee wasn't home... I knew we were there for a reason, though, so looking around, there were many people outside, but we didn't know which one to talk to first. Well, I kept being prompted to walk across the street and talk to that neighbor, and Sister Flores did too, so we went. Well, then we found someone super cool. Her name is Teree, and Teree pretty quickly opened up to us about how she wanted to improve her relationship with Christ, and we testified to her of the Gospel and how much Christ can help her and how as missionaries, we go around trying to help people increase their relationship with Him, and she started crying an accepted an invitation for us to return. It. was. powerful. I learned that night that Heavenly Father has prepared people - something I always had faith in, but never really experienced, and that the Spirit will prompt us if we just try and listen. Also, that success happens when you work hard until the very end - as the entire day had been less than successful, and this all happened at like 8:45 at night - 15 minutes before it was time to go home. :)  It was such a cool experience. We're going tonight for our first official lesson. ! :) YAY!

Well, that was my week - it was super awesome and we had our mini missionary, Sister Janes, with us the whole time.. I'm fairly certain that Heavenly Father was just blessing us so much so that she'd get so see the successful part of missionary work... :) She's awesome and I just miss her. The youth these days are so POWERFUL (I can say that officially because I'm not one anymore, hahaha). But really, she was such a good missionary. Well... that's about all I have for you friends this week... Have a great one, you deserve it! :) 

-Our Zone at Zone Training! :) 
-A member has a dog that looks exactly like BECKARDEE!!! (my dog growing up).. It made my heart happy! :) 
-Look who showed up at Church yesterday - Sister Erickson...! What? Weird to see a former companion after they're no longer a missionary anymore...
-How sad I was when Sister Janes left, haha. :)

--
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment