Saturday, August 6, 2016

Week 51: Farewell, Post Falls

August 1, 2016
WELL... in case you didn't see by the email subject... I'm getting transferred! I kind of thought this was going to happen, so not super shocking. My new area is Nine Mile Falls. I've heard it's beautiful (seems to be a common occurrence with my areas, haha), and it is apparently Northwest of Spokane... so, that should be fun. I'm super excited!!!

My new companion is Sister Hsiao. She just got to the mission 3 months ago. She's from Taiwan, and I'm super excited to be her companion! My new address is 

6236 Pearson Dr
Nine Mile Falls, WA. 99026

This past week has been full of meetings, and saying goodbye to the families that I have so come to know and love this past 4.5 months. I will miss everyone here so much, but I feel confident that I am going where the Lord needs me to be. Last night after receiving transfer calls, I felt really discouraged and was wondering whether this were inspired or not. Well, I shouldn't have been questioning at all (that lame Natural Man), but I'll be honest - I did wonder. As I was kneeling before going to sleep, I poured out my heart to Heavenly Father and told Him how I was feeling. I had a calm peace come over me, and I slept soundly the whole night - I know this call is inspired! Isn't it wonderful? Literally, at any time of the night or day, no matter where we are, we can kneel or say in our heart a prayer to Heavenly Father - He loves us, He hears us, and He answers us! I know that for sure. 

The whole experience reminds me of a quote we have up on a wall in our apartment by D. Todd Christofferson: “It is of great significance to me, that I may at any moment and in any circumstance approach through prayer the throne of grace, that my Heavenly Father will hear my petition, that my Advocate, him who did no sin, whose blood was shed, will plead my cause.” Wow. Powerful and so true!  I know that the Lord is in the details of this work. It seems like all of my thoughts lately have been answered in one way or another- I love how much the Lord truly stands ready to bless each of us.

Sister Dymock (my Mission President's wife) is one of the most amazing women I know. In her weekly email to us missionaries this week, she said the following which I am going to take with me as I move into my new area, and throughout my life, "Literally, because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, each day can be a fresh start! So let's say you slip up on a personal goal, or sleep in, or lose your temper, or use slang, or over-eat, or get "bugged" at your companion - or a hundred other mortal realities things that might happen in your day. Should you give up altogether? Absolutely not! Giving up on a goal because of a setback is like ripping the other 3 tires on your car because one tire went flat!! In other words, Christ is the author of second chances. He wants us to rise again and again when we fall.”

What a blessing to be surrounded by such inspired, wonderful people. Well, I love you all so much and hope that you get to truly see the blessings that come from each day being a fresh start this week. This transfer will be so wonderful, I just know it! This transfer, as a mission, we have been challenged by our Mission President to read The Book of Mormon completely in 6 weeks. That means that us missionaries will be reading 13 pages a day. I am SUPER excited for this challenge. During Personal Study this morning, I really was just so touched with the Spirit while reading The Book of Mormon. It's the same words I have read many times before, but the Spirit just testified so much to me that this is going to bring miracles and Heavenly Father is so grateful that we have united as a mission and are doing this. What a gift to be able to participate in.

Well, I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! Stay strong and if you're feeling down, just get back to the fundamentals - Scripture Study, Prayer, Church and Temple Attendance. They make all the difference, because as we acquaint ourselves with the voice of the Lord, we will be better able to recognize His works in our lives.

 Until next week,


-One of the many wonderful families I said, "See you later!" to this week
-We've been going on walks in the morning for exercise. This one, Treaty Rock, is a 3 minute walk from our apartment, and so cool!
-A really cool schoolhouse in the middle of nowhere up in the mountain - since 1910!

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment