Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 52: Yard Work Extraordinaire - Quick and Powerful

August 8, 2016
Well, in case you didn't get by the subject line, we have helped a lot of people in their yards this week.. I'm getting pretty proficient at pulling weeds, so I suppose that's a good life skill for my future, haha. The quick and powerful part will come later on in the email.. keep reading. :)

In other news, Nine Mile Falls is seriously the BEST! I just love it here.. We are seriously out in the middle of nowhere, though. It's gorgeous.. we also spend a lot of our day in the car driving... :) It's quite the time. Some of the people in our area live an hour away by CAR... so... that gives you a little taste of what I'm talking about. It's such a blessing to be here in Nine Mile Falls. We have some amazing investigators, too.. what an amazing blessing! There's one, Katrina, who is super awesome and super close to getting baptized. She has been taught for a long time, and she literally is so amazing. She's basically already a member.. the only thing holding her back is that she's having a hard time quitting smoking, but Sister Hsiao and I fasted for her yesterday. I have faith that Heavenly Father will give her faith to quit smoking. She's amazing. 

I have been reading The Book of Mormon a ton this week for our mission-wide challenge. I got to 2 Nephi 19 this morning.. The Book of Mormon is so powerful. I have just been able to feel the Spirit so much more this week and really feel like I am finishing my purpose as a missionary! I have felt the Spirit so much this week as I have been reading The Book of Mormon so much. I never knew what "the power that flows into your life" is until I began this serious study. I have just felt different this week. I have felt the Spirit more, I have felt more motivation to do missionary work, I have felt more inspiration on what to do to help my investigators. The blessings from reading and feasting on the word of God truly are "quick and powerful."... in every sense of the words. I felt the Spirit so strongly this week as I testified to a family we had dinner with about the power of The Book of Mormon.. and this is only the first week. What an incredible blessing this week has been!.. I can't wait for the next 5 weeks of this wonderful challenge. Something we've been able to share with a lot of families and people this week is this incredible video. The Spirit testifies so much as you watch it of the truthfulness of The Book of Mormon. Here's the link.. Watch it.. You'll be glad that you did!! :) https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2010-03-08-testimony-of-the-book-of-mormon?lang=eng

The member that we live with is so adorable. Her name is Sister Taylor and the house always smells like delicious baked goods - homemade bread smells delicious.. just in case you were wondering, haha. :) Well, I have to go.. my time is up. Know that I love you all and that I pray for you always. This week I will hit my year mark as a missionary.. how does this even happen? Time goes by so quick! These last 6 months are going to be the best ones yet, though.. I just know it! :) 

-How gorgeous this area is!! <3
-With our mini missionaries during transfers! :)
-How dirty our car gets on all of these dirt roads... haha.
-Sister Hsiao and Me (She's seriously adorable! Her name is pronounced Sh-OW! (like OW! I hurt myself!). :))



-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment