Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 56: The Lord Always Delivers and The Christ-like Teaching Appointment

September 6, 2016
Well, I have exactly 6 minutes and 39 seconds before this computer kicks me out.. let's see how fast I can type... 

This week was one blessing after another. I was able to go on exchanges with a sister in my zone, and she is just absolutely wonderful. I had the worst headache ever for the 3 days before exchanges, and after coming back from exchanges, I didn't have the headache anymore! So that was a blessing.! 

The area is doing really well!! Katrina is still on-date for September 10th and has officially made it 10 days without smoking at all!! How amazing is that? There are so many miracles that are happening in our ward as a direct response to The Book of Mormon challenge. Everyone in the ward is so excited for her to be baptized as well. They are planning on having to have the baptismal program in the Chapel, with the exception of the actual ordinance of course, because they anticipate so many people to come. We had a lesson with Katrina last night and it was the first time that she's said that she's excited! Before last night, she always said she was nervous, so it's definitely been a blessing to see her faith grow this last week!

We had another few miracles happen this week. We went to go contact a former investigator, and she wasn't home, so we decided to knock on the neighbor's door. Well, she wasn't interested either, but we asked her who she knows that we should introduce ourselves to and who needed help with anything, and she gave us referrals to two of her neighbors - one who is elderly and might need service work, and one who just moved in to the neighborhood. Well, the elderly lady wasn't home, and the one who just moved in had their gate locked. Well, as we were about to leave, we saw that there was a walk-in gate, so we went in, knocked on the door, and told Helen, the lady who answered, who we were. Well, she was beyond excited when we offered her service, and told us to come back in 10 minutes with working clothes on. So, we did, and we helped her for a few hours with 3 years of pine needles. So, the reason I tell you this story is because no one ever lets us help them, so it was a miracle that she did. Also, she told us we could come back and talk about the Gospel any time. It was awesome!

I have grown such a greater testimony this week of the hand of the Lord in this work and how if we just open our mouths, He will fill them with the words that He needs each of His children to know. Beforehand, I would worry so much about, "Did I say the right thing? What if I said something different.. .would that have given them the desire to learn about the Gospel? Have I really given them a clear choice?" Well, ever since I had interviews with my Mission President, and he told me to not worry so much about that and just trust that if I open my mouth, it will be filled with the things Heavenly Father wants me to say, I have tried to keep that in the front of my mind. There have been other experiences where I know that we have been inspired to say something, a lot of times different than what we had planned. This is His work, and I'm so grateful He trusts us enough to let us take part. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and continue to see the hand of the Lord in your life. My favorite chapter from The Book of Mormon this week is 3 Nephi 17... Christ tells the people that He has another appointment that He needs to go to and that He'll be back tomorrow.. then, as they plead for Him to stay, He proceeds to minister to them one-by-one.. something that likely took hours upon hours to complete. He didn't worry so much about His obligation, but rather, about serving and blessing others.. What a blessing to see this week. We can learn a lot from His encounter. Love you all! Have a great week!



-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment