Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 53: Invite a Miracle - Young and Tender Branches - ONE YEAR!

August 15, 2016
Our Bishop said this week, that instead of "creating miracles" through Book of Mormon reading, prayer and fasting, we are "inviting a miracle." I really liked that a lot. It has become a new inspired one-liner for my work. "Invite a miracle."

In other amazing news this week, I got to go on exchanges with a sister I served near in Post Falls... and those sisters just so happen to live with one of my best missionary friends ever who I served with since day one, Sister Lott..... AND... this so happened to be on Friday which was our ONE YEAR MARK, so we got to celebrate together!! How awesome is that? Coincidences? I think not. :) Blessings? Definitely.
     Then, Sister Parker and I (the one to the left of me), had an AMAZING exchange. It was seriously so    full of amazing blessings and we saw so many amazing miracles in those 24 hours.. it was such an incredible gift. We prayed for miracles, and they came. Many people told us we could come back and teach them, and were touched by Gospel truths. We scheduled many return appointments with several who seem "golden." It is such a blessing to be a missionary! :)

I have been able to learn SO much from reading The Book of Mormon this week. One of the most amazing things that I learned from my study this week was in Jacob 5. Reading this chapter in the past, I have gotten something completely different than I did this time. I was taught so much this time about how this chapter is a missionary chapter and how it relates to those I am teaching now! :) In Jacob 5:5-6, it says,
 
"5 And it came to pass that he pruned it, and digged about it, and nourished it according to his word.

 6 And it came to pass that after many days it began to put forth somewhat a little, young and tender branches..."

I just love that so much. Reading it as a missionary is incredible. We put forth all of this effort, according to the word of the Lord, and then, after MANY days (you might not even be in that area anymore), that person begins to bring forth young and tender branches (a small testimony or knowledge of a truth, a feeling to continue learning, whatever it is). I have seen this in my missionary service. I know that people are changing - they are being compelled to by the word of God which is powerful and helps them feel purpose. This work is amazing. I know it is true!

Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful week and continually see the hand of the Lord in your lives. Work hard and "invite a miracle."

-Sister Hsiao and I accidentally matched yesterday.. it was happy! :) 
-Saw some baby turkeys... they were adorable!
-Wheat Fields we saw on exchanges!!! "For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle (I got to use a real life sickle doing service this week, so I know how this feels now) with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;"(D&C 4:5) 
-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment