Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 57: A Grape Day - Weaknesses Becoming Strengths

September 12, 2016
THIS WEEK WAS THE BEST WEEK EVER!!! I would write this entire email in caps lock, because that would be the most exciting, but I don't want you all to think that I'm yelling at you, but this is the best week!! :)

Anyway.. this week was really great because we got to do service for a lot of wonderful people.. one of which is our new investigator, Connie. We helped her harvest grapes (hence the grape day!), and it was a wonderful adventure. 

Katrina's baptism was full of the Spirit. It was the best thing in the world. The whole thing was such a blessing to see her enter into the waters of baptism! I love her and am so proud of her for making this amazing step in her eternal progression. 

We also finished our Book of Mormon challenge this week. In the last 6 weeks, I have read the entire Book of Mormon. This Book is so true! What a blessing it is! I love this work. In our weekly email, President Dymock wrote this, "Baptisms for the week plus the 29 from the rest of the transfer equals 40!!! You did it! With faith and the Lords help and blessing we have witnessed this great miracle. If we counted right, it is exactly 40 baptisms this transfer. Thanks for all your hard work, effort, diligence and obedience to help make this goal happen. You are the greatest missionaries ever. Our heart is full of love and gratitude to each of you for reading faithfully each day and helping the Lord do His work with His tool of Gathering. That book is amazing."

I am so grateful and humbled to see that we reached our goal that we set in faith of reaching 40 baptisms this transfer.. we did it!! Wow. What an amazing blessing! It was the best feeling in the world to witness Katrina get baptized this last Saturday... there were a lot of concerns from the ward about if she could do it or not because of the smoking, but she DID! She is such an amazing example to me. I am so grateful to the Lord that He provided the way that I could be here to see her enter into those waters, and be confirmed yesterday.

Well, transfers are here.. Sister Hsiao is leaving to Pullman.. she's amazing and I will miss her. My new companion is Sister McFaul. She's from Hawaii and Sister Rogers trained her the transfer that I left Bonners Ferry, so we'll have a lot to talk about! She's AMAZING! :) 

Well, I love you all so much! I hope that you have a wonderful week! The Church is true!

-So many people have given us so much fresh produce! So happy!
-The Fields are White!
-KATRINA'S BAPTISM!!
-Me and Sister Taylor - the adorable member we live with ! :) <3

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment