Saturday, August 6, 2016

Week 49: 11 Months and Going Strong

July 18, 2016
Okay seriously... How did I already reach my 11 month mark? Pretty soon, it will be a year and then I'll only have 6 months left and then I won't be a full-time missionary anymore.. l'll try not to think about that part, hahaha. :)

Well, as usual, I only have super minimal time left, so I'll try to make this quick and to the point. How does that sound? Refreshing, I hope. :) 

Something neat that happened last night was that we were contacting a Potential Investigator and it turns out that in the last couple of weeks, she has moved. Well, we turned to start walking back to our car, and a man sees us and starts coming over and says "HI! How's it going?" Well, we start talking to him, and he says his name is Lance, he used to meet with the missionaries, and has read the Book of Mormon twice from cover to cover. He then said, "But, I don't really see much difference between it and the Bible.." I chuckled and said, "That's amazing that you've recognized that, Lance.. it isn't much different, because it's the SAME Gospel, just being taught on two different continents." We had the opportunity to testify of the Restoration and schedule a return appointment. Our Area Book and old records have no record of him, but Heavenly Father does.. and through the tender mercies of the Lord, He led us to someone who wants to learn more. It was powerful. 


Some other highlights were having District Lunch on the Golf Course - we had to take pictures, of course... :) 
... and.. one of the most fun parts of the week was getting to hold all sorts of "exotic to me" animals. When we volunteered at the Food Bank, someone brought in a baby pig... SO CUTE!.. and some members that just moved in have 7 birds. The two that attached themselves to me were Cosmo (left) and Deno (right). Cosmo was on my shoulder for legitimately an HOUR while we were there.. haha. By the time we left and he was gone, I still had "phantom bird" (I called it, anyway) - I still felt like he was there even though he wasn't, haha. :) 

 Also, we couldn't let 7/11 pass without getting free Slurpees!! :) ..Obviously... :) 

Don't these experiences just seem like fun? Well, they were. :) If anyone ever said that life as a missionary was boring, they were sorely mistaken. Another testimony that has been strengthened this week was just how much our Heavenly Father answers our prayers and hears them. My Patriarchal Blessing says that, "Heavenly Father stands ready, any time of the night or the day, to your prayers" and I have seen that definitely magnified this week a ton. When the days were getting harder and harder, I found myself on my knees more and more, and I was able to endure... not me, but through the Savior who endured it all. This whole transfer has definitely been a strong testimony builder - but then again, aren't they all? 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember these two quotes about prayer. "When you can't stand, kneel," and "Fight all your battles on your knees and you'll win every time." I can testify those are true! Love you all! Have a glorious week - I know I will! :) There is so much to be grateful for, and you are all part of that. :)

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment