Friday, May 20, 2016

Week 38: "It's Raining, It's Pouring"

May 2, 2016
... It may be raining and pouring this week a lot, but there's no "old man snoring" here.. well, there might be, but it's not me!!! This week has been spectacular. 

ANYWAY, let's get to it, shall we? 

First of all, I'm SUPER excited that Mother's Day is less than a week away because that means I get to Skype home and that will be SUPER HAPPY!!!! Can you tell I'm a little bit excited about this?

So, I know you're all probably waiting for an update about my toe, and if you're not, you'll get one anyway.. well, IT'S ALL BETTER!! It's amazing how much the power of our Savior helped me through all of this and continues to help me. I don't know what I did to be so blessed with all of these Tender Mercies, but I am so grateful. Really, I didn't do anything, I know that.. It all comes to each one of us simply because God loves us so much. Aren't we so blessed!? 

Well, this week we saw a lot of miracles up here in Post Falls! I got to go on exchanges with the Sister Training Leader again this week, and we saw a TON of amazing miracles. We were able to contact a few people, in particular, that we haven't been able to meet at all throughout the last few months. .. and.. 2 of the people that we contacted this week wanted to learn more about the Gospel!! How amazing is that!? The coolest experience, by far though, is when we went to go contact Joey. His daughter comes to church with one of our members' daughters, and so they referred us to go over there and talk with them. Well, we haven't been able to talk to anyone yet but Joey and the difference that we have seen in him between last week and this week is AMAZING and nothing short of a miracle. Well, last week we stopped by and he was a little hesitant about learning about the Gospel. He said that he had a desire to study the Book of Mormon if only for the history aspect (I may have already shared this story, I can't remember), but we were excited for him to read, none-the-less. He told us that he might be interested in learning more, but that he'd need to talk to his wife about it first (we get this excuse all the time). Anyway, so... we told him we would stop by next week if he didn't call us by then, so that was this week that we stopped by. Anyway, so.. (this is the miracle part).. between last week and this week Joey has read THIRTY WHOLE PAGES of The Book of Mormon, and even though he has been reading it for the history of it, his intentions have already changed so much! The word of God is so powerful! Anyway, so we talked with him about what he read and about the Gospel more and extended another invitation, this time for his whole family to learn, and he said, "Like I said last week, I really can't move forward without my wife's support... this is something that's going to be important to our family, and I need her to be a part of it.  I have been talking with her about it a lot this week, and she's coming around, so hopefully by next week when you stop by, she'll be ready and you can come in and teach us all." ISN'T THAT INCREDIBLE!? The difference in dynamic of what he was saying to us and his intentions and everything changed SO drastically in only 7 short days, all from what? Reading The Book of Mormon. Wow. This Church is SOOO true!

Another fun thing that happened this week was that I got to travel down to Spokane with Sister Erickson and a Sister from our ward, so that they could go to the Temple since it's Sister Erickson's last week. I didn't get to go because there wasn't enough room, so I worked with some sisters in the Valley - one of which (her companion also was in the Temple session) was Sister Bryson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (She was my MTC companion). It was so beyond fun to be able to reconnect with her and to serve around each other for a few hours.. it was like seeing an old friend that you haven't seen for years and reconnecting right away.. A mission creates so many wonderful experiences! Anyway, but her and I worked with the Spanish Sisters and we just went and did service for a member in their ward. Well, they all speak Spanish, so that was interesting for Sister Bryson and I.. it was a TON of fun. I wish I knew how to speak Spanish, haha. Maybe someday.

Another miracle that happened this week was when we were walking to Michelle and Mikayla's to have a lesson with them and it started to rain a little bit. Well, seeing the color of the clouds, we knew it was going to start raining some more pretty quickly, so we decided to walk a little bit quicker. Well, Heavenly Father's hand is SO in our lives, because the MOMENT we ducked under their porch, it started DOWN POURING so intensely... and hailing... and being really cold... so... that was such a tender mercy. Missionary life is AMAZING!

Also, this week I experienced my first missionary blitz! A blitz is where all of the missionaries in the area (we did a blitz with our District - 8 missionaries) go to one area and all the missionaries work in that area for a few hours. Well, lucky us, they all came to OUR area! So, for 2 whole hours, 8 missionaries were proselyting in our ward boundaries.. So many people were able to be contacted because of that. This life is amazing! :) 

WELL, I hope that you each have a glorious week and know how much you are loved! This life is amazing and we are each so blessed to be living it! I hope that each of you Mothers (especially my own), and future mothers have a wonderful Mother's Day and know how much you are loved and cared for. I am grateful for each of you!!! :) <3


-We went to Coeur d' Alene last P-day.. it is SO beautiful!!!
-Coeur d' Alene lake.
-Look who so happened to be in my Sacrament Meeting yesterday.. WHAT? Crazy small world when you see your cousin at church (Don't worry, I got permission from the Mission President to talk to him. :) )
-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment