Friday, May 20, 2016

Week 40: 9 Months and Counting

May 16, 2016
Well, you guessed it... this month I hit my half-way mark as a missionary. I'm not sure how time seemed to pass so quickly, and I don't like it, that's for sure... but I am grateful that I still have another 9 months to be a missionary, continue learning, and growing closer to Christ and Heavenly Father.. what a gift!

So, you're probably all wondering how things have been going with the combined areas.. well, this week we spent the first part of the week cleaning out the Sisters' old house and bringing Sister Kitchen and her stuff to our apartment here in Post Falls. Then, we worked on what days to be in what areas, organized our lessons we had already set, and everything in-between.. so a lot of logistical stuff this week, but we did manage to get some pretty wonderful proselyting in!

Sister Kitchen is SUPER awesome! This is her last 6 weeks as a missionary, and I have already learned so much from her.. I am so excited for the rest of the transfer and to learn even more.. I am so lucky to be her companion!!! She is from Roswell, New Mexico and doesn't like the cold. She has Strawberry Blonde hair though, so it feels like we're actually Sisters.. so fun! Plus, we get along really well, which is definitely a tender mercy and blessing. She. is. AWESOME! :) 

Anyway, so some miracles that happened this week? Well, the one that I thought of first was how we went to go contact a Former Investigator in the new area. Well, she had an interest in learning more about the Gospel, but had gotten divorced, and in the agreement apparently part of it was that they both had to agree on what religion the children would be raised in. Well, her ex-husband didn't want the kids to meet with the missionaries, so he threatened to take her to court if she kept meeting with the missionaries... well, so.. they stopped meeting with her a while back because of this. Well, this week we decided to go talk to her and she. was. super. cool!! She knew exactly who we were and said that she's in a better place now and that her kids still can't learn but that she can when they aren't there.. and they're gone on the weekends, so we have an appointment to come back this coming week. HOW MUCH OF A BLESSING IS THAT!?!?!?! Super awesome, I know! :) It was such a tender mercy to be able to meet with her and for her desire to learn more about the Gospel! :)

Well, there's not much more of an update than that... this week really was wonderful though! OH!!! I remembered something else.. So, there's 3 sets of missionaries that live in our apartment complex (2 sets of Elders that live together, and then we live on the other end of the complex)... ANYWAY.. but the apartment complex is in our area, so anyone that wants to learn about the Gospel, we get to teach. So, the Elders were leaving one night and this man walks up to them and says, "Are you guys busy tonight? My wife and I would like you to come by and teach us more about your Church." WHAT!? IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE!?!??!?! So they called us and gave us their information, and we went to the house that they said, and it wasn't them.... so.... that's awkward. I hope and pray that they weren't kidding and giving us a bogus address, and that they just gave the wrong one by accident or something. We tried around and couldn't find them, so hopefully we'll have more luck with that this week. It was really cool though. :)

Well, that's it. I hope that you are all happy, finding joy in the journey that is this glorious life, and knowing that God loves you so much. I know that He lives. I know that He loves you. I know that He is aware of each and every one of you and that He is in all of the details of your lives. It is such a gift to know of the fact that we are never alone in this crazy world. Our Heavenly Father is with us. If we pray to Him and put our trust in Him, He will bless us more than we could ever thing would be possible. I know that's true! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week! I love you all! Sorry this email is so short. The hour and a half just flew by! Oh, just so you are all aware, next week (the 24th) I will be going to the Temple (SUPER EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), so my P-day will be on Tuesday, and then the next week after that it is Memorial Day on Monday, so P-day will be on Tuesday that week as well... So.. the next two weeks, I will email you wonderful Children of God on Tuesday.. that is all. :) Then it's back to Monday, don't worry. :) 

Until next week,
 
-Sister Finau and I - reunited before she goes back to Tonga!!! I got to see her on transfer day and it was glorious. :) <3 that Sister!
-A super nice view of Post Falls from the Sisters' old house. So pretty!
-9 MONTHS!
-Sister Kitchen and I.. we took this picture like 30 seconds before emailing, so it's not super good.. next week they'll be better ones, for sure! :)

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment