Friday, May 20, 2016

Week 39: Michelle and Mikayla get Baptized!!! :)

May 9, 2016
Hello friends, family, loved ones, everyone... I hope you all had an amazing Mother's Day! I know I did. Skyping with my parents was the best! :)

I'm in Coeur d' Alene for the time being because Sister Erickson has flown home. I'm staying with some other sisters so I'm not alone, until I get my new companion tomorrow.. ! :) I don't have a lot of time to write... shocker, I know.. haha... anyway! First things first, TRANSFER CALLS....


Well, so ... I'm staying in Post Falls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... but I'm pretty sure that we all knew that was going to happen, haha... I'm super excited to stay! ... there is a PLOT TWIST though.. I will be getting a new companion that is serving in Post Falls already... her ward and my ward are going to be combined into one proselyting area, so the two of us will cover both wards! How exciting is that? I've never been assigned to more than one ward before, so this will undoubtedly be an adventure, but I am pretty excited for it. My new companion's name is Sister Kitchen and she is going home in 6 weeks, so I will be her last companion as well.. woah, crazy!!! ... THE BEST NEWS EVER THOUGH is that since we cover 2 wards, it's back to having a full-time car! No more walking in the summer time!!! Such a tender mercy! :) So... she will be moving in with me, so my address will be the same. :) (So if you wanted to send me letters, I wouldn't be mad about it... I'll even put my address on here again so that you don't have to go through past emails to try and find it. ;) ) 

501 W Mullan Ave #12
Post Falls, ID 83854


You're welcome. ;) Well, anyway... I don't really remember a lot about what happened this week... we were able to get some members to come to our lessons with us, so that is always amazing! Seriously though, when members come to lessons and fellowship investigators, the investigators progress SOOOO much quicker than if they're taught without a member present... every. single. time. it's. better. with. members. there. So, member missionary work is amazing.

We were able to have a lesson with one of our new investigators, EJ. He is divorced and has 4 children, so we brought one of our members with a similar life situation with us. Anyway, at first he wasn't really intrigued in what we had to talk about.. he was actually grilling some meat for dinner and was only half paying attention.. and then one of the little girls that was there spilt her pop all over herself and he had to clean it up, and it was just all an awkward adventure.... Anyway, eventually it all worked out and we were able to teach him about the Restoration. He said he was very intrigued and didn't really grow up religious at all, but it's definitely something that he wants for his children. So, that was cool. He's not very good at keeping appointments though, so hopefully we'll be able to see him sometime again soon! :) 

We also had a lesson with one of our investigators, John. He is 84 and has been Roman Catholic his whole life, so we've got some pretty big differences in some of the essential doctrines.. like the Godhead and prayer and such.. Anyway.. our ward's executive secretary came with us to his lesson, and he was able to testify SO powerfully to John about the power of prayer, the Priesthood authority, and all of those wonderful things. It was such a blessing! He hasn't come to church yet, but I am confident that he will soon! :) 

THE BEST PART OF THIS WEEK, by far, was on Saturday when Michelle and Mikayla got baptized! I literally cried so much at their baptism, it was unreal. But, it was just such an amazing, powerful blessing to see them get baptized. Especially Michelle... she has worked SO hard trying to quit smoking, and she did it. Then, to see her and her daughter get baptized and literally become perfect right in that very moment. . . the Spirit was so strong. Heavenly Father was so proud of her and the amazing progress she has made. I am so grateful that I got to be in attendance at their baptism. It was a powerful night.. not only did they get baptized, but also... During the time that they were changing back into their church clothes from their whites, missionaries normally teach something. So, Sister Erickson and I had actually been asked to teach at a baptism at 7pm as well (Michelle and Mikayla's was at 8), and so we taught twice that night... and we sang a musical number. It was pretty stressful to coordinate all of that, but it was such a gift.. what an amazing life it is..

Well, I don't have much more for this week, but I know more than anything that Heavenly Father is so aware of us and is so in the details of our lives. He loves us. He is aware of us. He wants to bless us, and He wants us to ask Him, because it's how we grow. I love you all. I know this church is true and anyone can know that as well. Pray to Heavenly Father. He will tell you! 

Love you all!... on a completely unrelated note... I will hit 9 months as a missionary in 3 days..... my half-way mark... How does time even fly so quickly? I have no idea. Crazy business.. Have a happy week! :) 

-My beautiful MTC companion and I at the temple a few weeks ago.. I never sent a picture, I realized. :) 
-Skyping my adorable family
-Michelle and Mikayla's baptism!!! :) 

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment