Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 73: An Entire Year of Missionary Work Ends With Sizzle and Porkey

January 2, 2017
Well.. I hope that you are intrigued by that unique subject line because it was one phenomenal week. 

First of all, some miracles:
This week, we saw many miracles in our area. We went to contact a former investigator and she is normally never home. But, we drove by and she was outside and we went and talked to her and she freaked out and said, "SISTERS!!! I have been wondering when you were going to stop by! Paul (her less-active member husband) and I were just talking about it the other day and here you are! We would love to start meeting with you again." She then made it a point to tell us that she's "never been baptized in any church yet" without us even saying anything about it. It was such a miracle. 

Also, since September, we have been reading The Book of Mormon 5 pages every day and ended on Christmas Eve and we were supposed to mark the names of Christ and the evidences of His mercy and then to prayerfully consider which investigator that we should give it to. So, I took this challenge and it was wonderful. Our Savior is mentioned on virtually every page in the entire book of amazing Scripture. The investigator that I wanted to give it to told us about the week before Christmas that she didn't want to meet with us anymore, but I kept feeling prompted that my Book of Mormon needed to go to her. So, we went and dropped that off and her and her member boyfriend apologized for dropping us and said they were just too busy, but she was so grateful for The Book of Mormon and said, "wow.. this is amazing. I'm going to start crying." I hope that she begins to read it with real intent and is touched by the abundance of mercies and love that our Savior shows each and every day- I know I was during that reading and will continue to be. 

Another super spiritual experience that happened this week was when we were contacting some formers in a trailer park at night, and the one we were contacting was headed out to work, and we got in the car and were about to back out when Sister Nickle comes to my window and tells me that she feels like we should go and knock on a trailer just a little down the way. So, we go and a lady comes to the door and asks who we are, and after teaching her a little about the restoration, Sister Nickle pulls out a Book of Mormon and gives it to her and we explain and promise her that if she reads it, she will know of the truth and  feel greater happiness than she could ever know. She said that "I'll give it a try" and that we can only come by "one time," but she heard His voice and hardened not her heart, so she is elect in His eyes and we are excited to see her again this week. 

I also got to go on exchanges to Kellogg, ID this week with Sister Chugg. We came out at the same time and I have never been able to serve around her, so it was wonderful to finally be able to do so. We had a wonderful day together and it's always a blessing to be able to be in a different area for a short time and really just go back to the basics and be a missionary without any preconceived notions about who people are and if they're interested or not. I love that. :) 

Well, I cannot believe that it is already 2017! Wow how time has flown. For New Years Eve, we were supposed to be in by nightfall which is like 3pm.... and so we were able to have just a good time with the sisters that we live with and it was a lot of fun. We ordered some pizza and watched "The Testaments" and were in bed by 10:30 (the usual). It was such an amazing blessing to be able to be a missionary for a whole entire year - from beginning to end. I have seen so many miracles, so many people grow and progress in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I wouldn't trade a second of it for the world. 

Then, last night we were at a member's home and they have INDOOR PIGS AS PETS!! I kid you not. Their names are Sizzle and Porkey and they were hilarious. They even snuggled up in a blanket at one time and I laughed because I was literally witnessing pigs in a blanket. What a funny time. Anyway, I love this Gospel. I know that it has been restored to the earth for our day by the Prophet Joseph Smith. That Heavenly Father's plan of Salvation is our perfect plan to be happy in this life and in the eternities. The Gospel of Jesus Christ will bring us greater happiness. The Commandments have been given for our benefit and growth and there are ordinances with covenants (promises) we can make in Holy Temples that provide us the means to endure to the end. What a glorious life it is. 

I love you all! Have the best week and make some resolutions that will help you to become more like Christ. Happy 2017! :) <3



-Sound advice and a beautiful view. :) 

-Sizzle and Porkey. I was not kidding... :) 



-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment