Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 75: Pioneer Children Sang...

January 16, 2017
...as they walked, and walked, and walked... which is what yours truly will be doing for the next 6 weeks!! WOOHOO!!! ... this should be an experience I'm sure I will never forget.. not even a part-time car, and you can't safely bike with snow and ice on the road, so you'll know more about that next week.

Anyway, so yes, I am being transferred...  to East Spokane (the same stake as the Temple, the Mission President, and the Assistants to the President)... my new area is Ponderosa. My new companion is Sister Spackman and she just finished being trained, so she has been out for 3 months. I know that Heavenly Father wouldn't be sending me there if He didn't know I could handle it. My companion and I will both be new to the area - Elders have been there forever. Sister Nickle is also leaving to a different part of Spokane.. they are putting Elders back in Lakeland 1st. So.. that's it.. CRAZY! I never thought this would happen, but I know that Heavenly Father's will is that I serve in Ponderosa with Sister Spackman for the next 6 weeks.. so I will pray mightily and try my hardest to do what I can.

My testimony has grown a lot this week in just praying for help and strength. When I have been in a hard time or day, saying a prayer is the best resource of all. Strength comes and I am able to push forward. What a testimony builder and has brought me a lot of joy this week which was our focus as a mission, so that's wonderful!

The best spiritual experience of this week was on Monday night. Sister Nickle felt prompted to go to a part-member family, so we headed that way, and the non-member mother invited us in and we sat down and started talking. She said that they had just gotten home and that in the car they were talking about the difference between The Bible and The Book of Mormon, but they didn't know what it was and couldn't answer the question.. They also were wondering about why we don't have the cross as a symbol in our church, and that it was a "coincidence" that we stopped by. We were able to teach them The Restoration - the mother, and her 4 children who are between 10 and 16 years old, and the mom said that they were actually going "Church shopping." They invited us back and we are having another lesson with them tonight. There are prepared people. What a blessing the Holy Ghost is which helps us with His still, small whisper of promptings. I know this is the Lord's work and He is directing it. 

Well, I love you all! Have the best week! Until then,

-There's this ridiculously bright star outside in the west at night and I don't know what it is or where it came from... seriously.. go look at it. 
-A cute RM who came out with us this week. 
-District Picture
-Saying goodbye. :(



--
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment