Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 10: The Plan is about Progression

October 19, 2015
So, this week was just swell.. as always! I am constantly amazed by the amazing people that Heavenly Father places in my path each and every day. I am so blessed to be living this life. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. What a marvelous life it is indeed!

So this week we did some service for a member whose arms are killing her by taping and painting her front room while her husband was at work and out of town. It was quite weird to hold a paintbrush in my hand again after so long, even if it was to just paint a room in a house. Felt like old times. :) 

We had a super powerful District Meeting this week! (My District is 2 Elders and 4 sisters, so it always proves to be a blast.) It was so spiritual and I think all of us were in tears at some point during that hour and a half. The spirit was strong and it was such a blessing to be able to be in attendance. It's amazing how discouraged the adversary tries to get servants of the Lord to be... and everyone for that matter. All we have to do is move forward with faith though, and everything truly will be alright.. Of that I am certain. 

So remember when I said we were going to see all the Less-actives, or try to anyway, this transfer..? So we started doing that this week by coordinating them into different sub-areas so we don't backtrack a ton, and holy guacamole.. 160 different families is a lot.. So I was praying to know a way to make sure it all can happen, and then at missionary correlation this week I was talking to the Relief Society president about it all and she told me that the Senior missionaries in our ward who are getting ready to go home this week have done a lot of it!!! YESS!! ANSWER TO PRAYER? I THINK YES! So we went over there for lunch on Friday and they told us a bunch about a lot of people and who has moved and things, so we have a lot less to try and visit now. Such a blessing! There are still a ton though, but that's okay.."I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me" (Eph. 4:13).. OH YEAH! :) 

So... something sad that happened this week was that we went over to Ron's house to start giving him the lessons again (this time as a new member) and him and his wife were just having it out for each other and fighting a ton and saying all sorts of crumby things.. So, S. Finau were just sitting there and trying to figure out what to say to help them, and I'm pretty sure my mouth was gaping open, I was in such shock.. but anyway.. the spirit wasn't there, and it was just the worst. So, I said a little prayer in my heart that Heavenly Father would put the words in my mouth and S. Finau's mouth that we needed to say to them, and we just started talking.. I can't tell you half of what I said, but I know that Heavenly Father answered my prayer.. At the end of our lesson, they were hugging each other and laughing. What a beautiful and large tender mercy. 

That was actually a common thing this week. When it seemed like all was falling apart and I didn't know what to say at all, my mind was filled in the very moment what I needed to say, and I am so grateful for that. 

Amidst inadequacy and difficulty, we may feel as though we need to give up and lose the faith. However, during these moments which we all have, that is the exact opposite of what we need to do. Satan works by discouragement because he wants so badly to take away our eternal life, but.. if we turn Heavenward and continue to, or start doing, those things we know we need to do, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will always provide a way for us to accomplish whatever lies ahead because of His infinite and atoning sacrifice. Don't worry if you're not perfect or if you think that you have too much you need to change in order to reach eternity. Start with one thing. Work on that, and once you have become proficient, work on something else. This way, one day you will be able to look back and know that you lived for eternity, not for the world. Then we may each be able to be in the presence of our Heavenly father, Savior, and other loved ones for eternity. The scriptures command us to "be ye therefore perfect," but nowhere do they say, "be ye therefore perfect NOW." The plan is about progression.

Well, I hope that you are all doing well. Have the best week and remember who you are.. A Child of God! :) Love you all! Keep on keepin' on and remember to smile!


-One of the Elders in our Zone showed me this super cool lightsaber trick with twistable colored pencils. OH YEAH! :) 
-Super pretty sunset this week! ahh, creation! :) 
-A member made us Halloween Spaghetti! So cool. :) hahaha, purple pasta, and some creepy green olive eyeballs. 

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment