Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 9: 2 MONTHS!!! 'IKAI TEU LAVA

October 12, 2015
Hello friends and family!!! I don't have a lot of time to write, but this. week. was. PHENOMENAL! In other news, I've been out for 2 months! The thing that you probably can't read is in Tongan and it means "I can't even!" Meaning.. I can't believe I've already been out for 2 months.. Where has the time gone!?

Thanks everyone for your updates, love, and support. It means the world to me and I can feel the strength that comes from your prayers, so thanks so much!

So, this week was seriously amazing! Probably the biggest thing that happened was that we had a baptism!!!! Ron got baptised and literally half of the Relief Society room was filled with his family and friends (all of whom except his wife are non-members). It was so amazing to see him enter into that water, and come up completely clean and perfected. The spirit was so strong, and then Sister Finau and I were baring our testimonies while he was changing and we were both bawling our eyes out and testifying of baptism and the eternal change that can come from taking advantage of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. What a glorious day that was. It has been amazing to see how much he has grown throughout the last 7 weeks, and I am so humbled that I was here to be able to witness it. 

Something funny and super stressful that happened this week was that, on Thursday we were doing our Weekly Planning, and we get a phone call from 2 missionaries from the mission office saying that they're at our new house and they'll be there in 30 minutes to pick us up and all of our things to take us to our new apartment. Completely shocked because no one told us this was happening, we only knew it was going to happen sometime, we stopped planning and I kid you not, I threw everything into my suitcases so fast that I packed all of my things from the last 6 weeks in 10 minutes... It was awesome. Then they came, we got all of our stuff and our bikes into our car and a trailer from the mission office, and drove on over to our new apartment. It was such a stressful day, but our new apartment is so nice!!!.. so, it's all worth it. Plus we actually live in our area now, so that's a plus. 

My new address is:

2808 S Assembly Rd #82
Spokane, WA 99224

Anyway.. we taught Stephanie again this week and we were teaching her about the Restoration and we got to the part that talks about The Book of Mormon and she was like, "yeah.. that makes a lot of sense how The Book of Mormon came about. I've heard of The Book of Mormon before, but no one has ever explained it to me. I'm definitely willing to accept it." HOW AWESOME IS THAT!? We told her that she needed to pray about it to receive a confirmation but that it was great that she had that gift of faith to accept it right away. She is so great and we just have such powerful lessons every time we meet with her!

This work is seriously so amazing.  I just love this area, and am so humbled and grateful that my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ have trusted me, an imperfect person, to come here and try to help these precious children of God come closer to their Heavenly Father and Savior. We were looking through our ward list this week and have counted about 160 less active families in our ward.. At first I was overwhelmed and felt feelings of great inadequacy because Sister Finau and I are just 2 people and 160 is a really big number. But then, peace quickly came to my heart and I became happy that I get to be here in the Washington Spokane Mission at this time and help do all that I can in my Lord's vineyard at this time to gather his lost sheep. We have made it a goal to try and see all of them, or have at least one member of the Ward Council see all of them throughout this transfer. That's a big goal, but I know that we can do it with Heaven's help.  I am so excited to be here!

I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ came to this earth and atoned for us all one by one so that we never have to experience anything in this life. Missionary work is so powerful and brings me so much joy each and every day. I know that The Book of Mormon is truly Another Testament of Jesus Christ and that it contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel. Regardless of if you've already read it, or have never seen a copy in your life, I invite you to read it. There is such power in the scriptures and specifically in this glorious book that can help you in every phase of your life if you will but open up and read. Love you all! Have a glorious week, you deserve it! 

Ofa atu! (I love you!)


-At Ron's Baptism!!! :) SO HAPPY! :D

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment