Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week Two: Basically I'm already leaving the MTC

August 22, 2015
Well darling friends and family,

This week has literally flown by.  I'm sorry if I didn't get a chance to email some of you back... we only get an hour on the computer each week and my time is already running out, so I'll try to make this quick. They say that the days in the MTC go by super slow and the weeks are super fast, and that is seriously so true.  I feel like I just got here yesterday, and I'm already leaving for Spokane on Monday morning at like 3am... SO CRAZY! I am sad to be leaving a lot of the really amazing Elders and Sisters I've met here, but I am so excited for us all to go out into the field and experience the things that will help us each individually Come unto Christ and be more like Him.

There are devotionals here every Sunday and Tuesday which is super neat.  On Sunday, a band called the Nashville Tribute Band (look them up, they're seriously so good!) came and sang a lot of songs and bore testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  If you have a chance, you should definitely look up "The Hardest Thing I've Ever Loved to Do" by them.  It's a story of a missionary going out and it literally made me cry because the lyrics of the song are seriously what I feel in my heart.  This is already the hardest thing I've ever done, and I haven't even been to Spokane yet, but I am 110% sure this is what I'm supposed to be doing for the next 18 months of my life.  I have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that there is nothing that we experience in this life or feel that the Savior did not personally go through first. That is such a comforting fact.  

I also got a chance to sing in the missionary choir for the devotional and it was way fun to be on the projector just like I was in Mormon Tabernacle Choir or something.. so fun!  During practice though, I was super shocked because the camera people were practicing where the camera would go during the live devotional, and it zoomed right into my face.. I started busting out laughing because I totally didn't expect it (but not during the actual performance, thank goodness), and so now I'll be walking around campus and random people will just be like "HEY! You're the girl from the projector!!" So basically I'm famous here, no big deal or anything.. haha, :) The MTC is so fun, but also really spiritual.

Sister Bryson and I teach around 3 lessons a day here to both people who are real investigators and those who are already members who role play as if they were investigators. It's weird how they say that you come to love your investigators.  I didn't believe that could happen to me in just 10 short days, but honestly, I love them all so much.  I just want them to come unto Christ and to feel the joy that this gospel brings.  It's not just another church - it is the true Church on the earth today. The same Church that Christ put in place during His earthly ministry, and I just want everyone to know that.  The world tries to throw so many things our way, claiming that "you can be happy now if you just do _____."  That is such a fallacy!  You may be happy temporarily, but at some point that happiness diminishes and we are left to know, "What now?"  I know that the Church is the answer to that.  It answers those questions of the soul that we all ask ourselves at one time or another, brings eternal happiness, and helps us to be the best we can, and I am so beyond excited to share this beautiful message with everyone that God puts in my path.  

I love you all.  I love this work, and I love the name tag I wear that has my name right next to the most important person to ever walk this earth - Jesus Christ. It's for him that I'm here experiencing the joy of people acting on the message of the Gospel and the heartache and tears that come because they don't yet understand what they're saying "no" to.  My time is short, but just know that I love you all.  I am safe and I am so happy to be doing the work that comes from being a missionary.  Have the best week and may God be with you all!

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith
 -Sister Bryson & I at the famous MTC map.
 -My entire District (they're seriously the best)
 -KAELI (Sister Mueller - my bff) and me! I saw her on our temple walk and got so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment