Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 8: Will I Stay or Will I Go!? ... survey says...

October 5, 2015
I'M STAYING IN SUNSET WARD!!!!

So.. we had transfer calls last night... the most stressful thing of my life, let me tell you, and my District Leader was like, "Sister Griffith, you are... STAYING!" Then he proceeded to tell Sister Norcross that she was leaving to Coeur D' Alene and that my new companion is going to be Sister Finau (Fee-Now). She is Islander and shorter than Sister Norcross, so we're going to basically look like complete opposites, so that's funny... but, I'm excited to meet her! We talked on the phone this morning to coordinate her ride here to Cheney, and she was already laughing at my jokes, so I'm sure we'll get along just fine! 

I'm excited I'm staying though, because this transfer coming up we have 3 baptisms scheduled, a wedding so that one of our investigators can get baptised, and so many other swell things. :) YAY!

As for letters and things, we're actually moving apartments sometime this week so that we can actually live by ourselves and in our actual area, so I'm not sure what my new address will be, but I'll email you next week and let you know. During transfer times and whenever really, you can send letters to the mission home (address below) and they will forward them to wherever I may be. :)  So yeah. :) 

820 S Pines Rd., #101
Spokane Valley, WA  99206-5420

The rest of this week was pretty neat. We have been teaching Ron a lot in preparation for his baptism this Saturday (EEEK! Super excited!) and he is just the best. He has been going to ARP, and we went over to his house on Saturday Morning for the first session of General Conference. Wasn't it amazing!? If you missed all of it, or any of it, I know the sessions are on byutv (online and on like roku and stuff) and probably will be on lds.org sometime soon if they aren't already. Some of my favorite talks were Jeffrey R. Holland's on mothers ( so amazing!! He was talking about how being a mom is the most Christ-like calling one can have in this life.. so beautiful.. love you, mom!), President Russell M. Nelson's on women, and Larry R. Lawrence's about "What lack I yet?" I've actually started doing that since his talk, and the Spirit has told me something I can work on.. what a blessing and fulfillment of a promise from a servant of the Lord!  So yeah, basically all of it was wonderful and I had so many questions answered this week, and it was amazing! :)

So yeah, if you missed any of it, go and watch it now, it will change your life. :) 

The rest of this week was good! WE HAVE A NEW INVESTIGATOR! A couple of weeks ago, I felt prompted to talk to this lady walking with her friend, so we pulled over our car to where she was, rolled down our window and started talking with her. Her name was Stephanie and her friend wasn't interested, but we kind of just told her who we are, what we do, and asked her if she would like us to teach her more, and she said YES! So we finally got to stop by this week and teach her a lesson, and during the closing prayer (which we asked her to give and taught her how) she was like, "Dear Heavenly Father, I'm grateful for these two sisters who came to teach me and are helping me come closer to you and ask that you will help them keep coming so I can know you more" (AND I KID YOU NOT, SHE STARTS CRYING RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS PRAYER) and then she was like, "I'm grateful for them coming to help me not be lost anymore and to find my way back to you. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.) It was so powerful and I can't wait to teach her more. What a beautiful tender mercy that was!

Anyway, I don't really have much else to say, but just know that I am well, that I am loving this work, and that I will have been out here for two whole months next week.. Isn't that crazy!? Oh how time flies. 

This work is so amazing. The Church that Jesus Christ himself set up on this earth when He was here is indeed Restored to the Earth today. Through the Restoration of His Church, we were given the Book of Mormon which testifies of Jesus Christ and of His Divinity and love for us all. His work is led by a Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and 12 Apostles who testify of the reality of this work and of our Savior Jesus Christ who makes it all possible. Heavenly Father loves you and will hear and answer your prayers if you will just kneel and ask him with a sincere heart and real intent (Moroni 10: 3-5).  This life isn't the end. Live now for eternity, and you'll be so glad you did.

Love you all. Have the best week, you deserve it.

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

-Part of my zone (6 of the Elders are missing and 6 of the Sisters are missing)
-S. Norcross and Me with one of the families that we love who just moved this past week. :(
-Pumpkins we carved at a member's home this last week. Mine is the one in the middle. It's Mickey Mouse trick-or-treating or something like that.. You can barely tell, but it yeah.. We brought them home and the chickens have since eaten them.. so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment