Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 7: Was that all that was required?

September 28, 2015
Loving friends and family, 

This week was seriously wonderful. I know I say that about every week, but it truly is how I feel! :) 

This week I had exchanges with Sister Ballif ( a sister who has only been out 6 weeks longer than I have) and we had a serious blast together!! We got permission to go to an lds doctor in Spokane Valley so he could take a look at my arm (it still hurts from my biking accident), and so we did. He said there might have been something wrong with my rotater cuff, but then he took an x-ray and gave me a clean bill of health, so that's nice! Thanks for your prayers. :)

Then we went and visited this less active sister who I just love to pieces, and we taught her about prayer. Now, she NEVER, and I mean, NEVER, prays when we come. She always asks us to pray and won't pray when we ask her to. Anyhoo, we were teaching her and at the end of the lesson we asked if we could close with a prayer and she was like, "Yeah, and guess what? I'll even pray." AHHH!!!! IT. WAS. AMAZING! I just love how the spirit softens people's hearts and helps them to change! This is seriously the greatest work in the world. 

Anyway, then we went to another less active sister's house and she made this stuff called Musubi (not sure if I spelt that right, but it's all relative - Moo-soo-bee), and anyway.. basically I hate all forms of fish, seafood and sushi, and am not too fond of rice either, and this stuff was teriyaki spam in a rice ball wrapped with seaweed... so.... I ate it, and smiled, and it actually wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten in the world, so... YAY! :) It was such a blessing. Baby steps, baby steps. :) 

We were also teaching Ron this week and I just had an overwhelming prompting from the Spirit to promise him that if he would pick up his Book of Mormon and start reading it whenever he feels the temptation to smoke that he won't have that desire anymore. I gave him that promise, not as Sister Griffith, but as a set apart servant of Jesus Christ, and guess what... Yesterday at church he said he had QUIT SMOKING!!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!? It seriously is just such a testimony to me that if we are teaching by the spirit and trying to relay to these beautiful people the things that Heavenly Father wants them to know, we can never go wrong. Anyway, miracle? I think yes. He started crying when the Spirit promised him that and said he just felt "tingly all over. Sometimes you guys are talking and I just feel something in my heart and it makes me cry, every time." We told him that that was the Holy Ghost, not us, and he was just so happy after that lesson. I love missionary work!

Anyway, this week was also Women's conference (where women of the church gather in the conference center in Utah, and the leaders of the church speak to us and give us council from God) and one quote that I really loved from Sister Linda S. Reeves was, talking about eternal perspectives and enduring through trials in this life, "The reward is so great and beyond our understanding that we will someday stand before God and ask, "Was that all that was required?""  That spoke such truth to my soul. The things we are going through right now may seem so significant, but one day after this life, we will look into the eyes of our Savior and Heavenly Father and will ask, "Was that all that was required of me, Father, in order to obtain all that you have?" Hold on to that, and know that you are so loved. 

Well, this coming week is General Conference!!! YAY!! For those who don't know what that is, this weekend we have an incredible opportunity that only happens twice a year. To hear messages from a Prophet of God, Apostles of Jesus Christ, and other people who are leaders in God's Kingdom. No matter who you are, what your current circumstances are, if you believe in this church or not, general conference is for you. You will find answers to your prayers and strength to continue on as you watch this conference.  You can find ways to watch it at https://www.lds.org/general-conference/viewing-times-and-options?lang=eng and just more about general conference from https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

Anyway, time is running thin, but just know that I am well, that I know this church is true and that the Savior of the world stands at its head and directs this glorious work. Have the best week!

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith
 -this week these cows got loose and were just chilling in our front yard. hilarious.
-Me at the Dr. I'm not in that much pain, don't worry.. just thought I needed to exaggerate this picture because it was talking about shoulders, haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment