Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 62: Member Missionary Miracles!

October 17, 2016
Well hello there family and friends! Happy Monday to you!! I hope that today is wonderful and absolutely such a blessing in every aspect! :) 

This morning when we went to buy some groceries at Walmart, Sister McFaul noticed that there was a lady at the fabric counter signing, and she told me. SO!! I got to go over to her, and tell her that we were people who "teach about Jesus Christ," and some other things. She was so taken back that I knew Sign Language and was signing to her. She told me that I had beautiful red hair and asked if Sister McFaul was my friend. I told her that she was and she told me to have a great day and that it was nice to meet me. She also told me that the lady at the fabric counter knew some sign language and was really funny (or else I would have stayed and interpreted for her). It was such a tender mercy to be able to talk to that sweet older lady. Her husband was just beaming the whole time. I saw her a few other times while shopping and she got a huge smile on her face. I love Heavenly Father's beautiful children. .. and I'm glad to know that He didn't let me forget my Sign Language, even after 4 years. :) 

For part of studies this morning, I was reading in the October 2015 Ensign and an article about "real intent" caught my eye. Elder Randall Ridd said about his experience reading The Book of Mormon as a young boy who read to get stars on a chart for seminary reading, "I didn't get a testimony. What I got was stars. I got starts because that's why I was reading (my real intent)." That was such a powerful reminder to me of being able to examine what my intent is behind the things that I do. Am I studying because I have to? Am I honestly seeking to grow in my testimony and learn what I can do to bless my Father's children? Am I knocking doors because I want others to see that I'm out working hard in the pouring rain, or am I knocking doors because with all my heart I hope that the person on the other end is ready and willing to grow closer to Jesus Christ and accept His love more fully? It was such a cool reminder and eye opener. I love real intent. Prayer and relying on the enabling power of the Atonement of our Savior helps us put a desire for real intent into action. :) 

The coolest thing that happened this week was when we got a text from one of our ward missionaries saying that one of the Sisters in our ward was going to drive us on Saturday unexpectedly (we have amazing members who come out with us to teach and help us save miles because we only have a certain limit for our huge area). Well, this sweet sister came with us to a lesson with one of our investigators who we have been praying diligently to find fellowship for, and OUR INVESTIGATOR KNEW HER!!! How awesome is that? They used to go to Bunco parties in a large group together long ago. It was such an answer to prayer, and they were so good for each other. Then, we went to visit some less-active members in the ward, and she personally knew the sister that we ended up seeing. It was such a testimony to me that the work is so much better when, as our dear Prophet has told us, "members and missionaries work together." 

Well, I know that The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth in this our day. Keep being strong and know that the God of Heaven is on your side! 

-14 months! My how time has flown.
-Exchanges this week. Super wind! Love those Hermanas. :)
-Hannah (our Chinese-speaking Investigator) and I. She's such a cutie!
-A cute little story in honor of this Fall season and the pumpkin carving we're doing today as a zone. :)


-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment