Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 67: "May I call you both Bob?"

November 21, 2016
This week was super exciting because we're super excited to be here and get to know people. Unfortunately I came down with an upper respiratory infection, so our mission nurse told me to rest a lot, but that was not helping the way it should have (I'm also not a very patient person), so I ended up having to go to the Urgent Care and they gave me some medicine that should help. It was the worst!! Here we were, so excited to get going in a new area, and then I get sick.. We are super excited to work hard this week and are confident that miracles await. Isn't this work so amazing!? It fills me with so much happiness every time that I think about it. 

I was able to have a Priesthood Blessing of healing this week. It was much needed and helped me to decide to go to the Urgent Care and get help, so that was good. I was promised to make a full recovery, and Heavenly Father also mentioned through the Elder that we would be able to perform many miracles in this area - so we have been expecting them and working hard too. One amazing thing that happened was that just yesterday at Church, one of our very active members came up to us and said that their newly adopted daughter wants to be baptized and can we set up some lessons to help that happen? Miracles are already happening. The work of Salvation is powerful. 

So... we got in on Monday, and... well.. let's just say that our Apartment was less than clean... so.. we got permission to clean for the remainder of the evening and get settled in, so that was definitely a blessing. :) Once it was clean, inside our apartment proves to be quite cute - complete with yellow counter tops and a microwave all the way from the 70's - it's cute. :) Also, this little town reminds me more and more of that majestic Bonners Ferry. I quite like small towns - they're wonderful and I'm grateful that I've been in them most of my mission. With small towns it feels like you meet more and more interesting people every day.. I'm sure that's the case everywhere, but small towns are their own kind of wonderful. This brings us to the subject line:

So..... one night before my nasty sickness got too bad, we were out trying to meet people and learning our way around the area (it's hard sweeping into an area in the winter because it gets dark so early and no one keeps their porch lights on so it's hard to find the houses that you're looking for). Anyway, so we found where we were going thanks to Sister Nickle's GPS, and we went and knocked and a lady welcomes us right in. We were expecting this to be the Recent Convert that we were looking for, but then we saw that there was literally nothing in this place except a few bags, the lady we were talking with, her sister, a kid and a cat. So, she grabs our hands, bows her head and looks at our names and says, "Sister Griffith.. Sister Nickle.. May I call you both Bob?" .... hahahahaahahahaha.. it was the funniest thing .. EVER.. and she was so serious too... so then, she proceeds to tell us that she just moved in that early and that she wasn't interested in our message but that her an her sister love to sing and then she starts singing for us. .. "Sister..... SISSSSSTTERRR..". So. Golden. It gave us a much needed laugh afterward. There is truly never a dull moment in this work.

Well, that's about all I have time for this week. I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and know that some red-headed little Sister Missionary (me) is so beyond grateful for each and every one of you. Love you all so much! Have the best week, and Happy Thanksgiving! :) 

-The best crossroads ever... :) I've been wanting to take this picture for 15 months and it finally happened this week. :) 
-Sister Nickle and I at the Temple.  <3
-FIRST SNOWFALL OF THE YEAR!
-We get to go to the laundromat now!! Yay our little po-dunk apartment without a machine... I will now be saving all of my quarters. :) haha

-- 
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment