Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 61: The 8 O'clock Hour

October 10, 2016
Well, as winter gets closer, and as the daylight hours get shorter, it becomes increasingly harder to find people to teach and to visit people when it's dark outside and they don't want us to come to their homeland... especially the 8pm hour, that one's the worst. BUT... in spite of all of that, the Lord still works miracles.

Exhibit A: Something that happened this week that was really neat was around 8pm. We had pulled over, trying to figure out where to go next since we had gone through all of our plans, and as I prayed, an idea of a person to go see came into my mind. Ryan is normally asleep by 8pm, but we went anyway. As we drove up, his garage was open, and he was outside working on a car. This was SUCH an amazing answer to prayer and evidence that this really is the Lord's work and He is directing it. Even when it's dark, and no one else wants us to stop by their home, He listens and is always willing to help. We talked with Ryan and had an interaction filled with the Spirit. Even though he chose not to act on that witness he received "at this time," the seed has been planted.

We are also working hard to get member referrals and to help our members do missionary work, because all of the doors that we have knocked this week have not been interested. I have such a testimony now more than ever that missionaries and members working together is going to be really the only way for the work of salvation to move forward productively. It's such a joy to be able to help members feel that as well!!

I don't have any more time to write, but my testimony has grown a lot this week in praying vocally. It is so powerful! I feel the Spirit so much stronger when I pray, and I know Heavenly Father hears me! He always has before, but when I'm concentrating more on what I'm praying when it's out loud, I can feel His love more. What a blessing. :) I know that this works for more than just me, too! :) ... just saying! :) 

Well, keep doing the simple/fundamental things (reading, praying, going to Church, temple attendance, etc), and everything always works out! It may not be the way that we expect it to, or think it should, but it always does in the best way! :)

-(Next to me) The Fagers - Brother Fager got baptized in June, and his member fellowship. Brother McLauchlin, the one in the back on the left, used to work for my Grandpa.. fun fact. :) 
-Zone Pictures this week at Zone Training. These people are fun. :) 


--
"God be with you 'till we meet again!"

Hurrah for Israel!

Much Love,
Sister Jennifer Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment